Sunday, October 20, 2013

...to be in nature...



So...I've always loved nature and being in it does something magical, it seems. I love the smell of red dirt, dry oak leaves, and sunshine. Yes, I believe sunshine has a scent, especially when you combine the three things. Being in nature is both rejuvenating and enlightening, and I've always wondered if living up there would be a healthy, smart choice or if visiting it is just the change of pace I need every once in a while. Needless to say, there's something to be said for Mother Nature and her tranquility and beauty. Sigh.




So...Summer is coming to an end...winter is crouching low, stalking around the mountains and trees to settle in for the next few, dark months. While I welcome the beauty of winter, I loath it's chilling presence. Unless, of course, I have a good book in hand, a soft blanket, and a crackling fire to sit beside.


“I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says "Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again.”

No comments:

Post a Comment